Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10 Year Old Quote of the Day:


Picture this:

Brandon's Mom and Dad working together to figure out answers to the hardest homework we've seen to date. Riddle-type homophone questions that might even stump a senior well-prepped for the SAT. For example: "to destroy light beams" Answer: raze rays . . .Or: "what is a terrible container made of glass?" Answer: vile vial . . .How about "an underage digger?"

Sheesh.

Anyway, Brandon is writing away on his newest gaming guide while Karlon and I work on these things for well over a half-hour. Every now and then I hand Brandon the paper and he writes the two words - spelled out for him, letter-for-letter, even -- and gives it back. As he was handing it back to me about the fifteenth time, he says, absently (and maybe you had to be there):

"This is why I don't like hard work."


2 comments:

  1. That's funny...I totally get that one! Kids have no perspective of hard work...at least mine doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this post because I was searching for the answers to the EXACT same homonym riddle worksheet... lol.. each answer I find, I write down so my son can rewrite them in his own handwriting..

    this is just...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete