Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We made it! Summer is *FINALLY* here!


Beginning at 10AM today, I started counting the hours. The first few seemed to pass quickly as Karlon and I amused ourselves by lunching at County Line. But things slowed up once we got home and at 1pm I began counting minutes. First 59. Then 46. 44. 42. 41. Then I got rather involved in a deadly spider show Karlon was watching on Discovery Channel and whittled it down to 34 before I looked at the clock again. He happened to be poking around on youtube with his laptop and we watched a clip of Susan Boyle's final performance on Britain's Got Talent, which knocked it down to 31, leading into the final half-hour. Calculating in my head, I knew I should show up about ten minutes early to say goodbye to the teachers. . .and figuring it would take about ten minutes to get there, I would need to leave about nine minutes later. What could I do for nine minutes? I decided to brush my teeth. . . it always seems to take longer than I think it should in the mornings, so it would stand to reason that it takes just as long in the afternoons, but no luck. It did knock a few minutes off, however, and brought remaining time down to six minutes and thirty seconds. So for six minutes and thirty seconds, I waited and waited and waited while the seconds ticked until it was finally time to go. I backed out of the driveway with a happy heart, arrived exactly on schedule in the parking lot. . . said goodbye's to the teachers and chatted briefly with some of the other mom's about summertime plans. And it was *finally* over. The three of us walked out to the truck and drove home cheering.

It was such a huge deal to me, Karlon even sent flowers. Gorgeous violets and star-gazers that match my office perfectly and fit the empty space on my office shelf like they were custom-made.


The beginnings of a GREAT summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment